Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had the new Firebrand Grand Prix slip on installed on my 750 for a week now and I am truly loving it! Great pipe and suits the bike perfectly IMO. The sound is monstrous(in a good way) compared to the factory pipe.

BTW, does anyone have any advice on the best way to make a few $$ on the old pipe?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Please join us in welcoming our newest supporting vendor Firebrand Design LLC!

Visit them at FireBrand Design, LLC | Aftermarket Motorcycle Exhaust Manufacturer

:D
Welcome aboard Firebrand Team. Great to have you here. I am one of your strongest supporters and will continue to root for your products.
By the way, my Loose Cannon is still doing its job perfectly and one reason I want to always ride my Bike everywhere is because of these pipes. Of course, the basic reason that it's a Harley remains.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've had the new Firebrand Grand Prix slip on installed on my 750 for a week now and I am truly loving it! Great pipe and suits the bike perfectly IMO. The sound is monstrous(in a good way) compared to the factory pipe.

BTW, does anyone have any advice on the best way to make a few $$ on the old pipe?

List it on Ebay.

·
Vendor
39 Posts
The sound for the Grand Prix is the same as the Loose Cannon. The dimensions of the baffle are exactly the same so you will get the same sound and power. We are working on getting a sound clip up but we are much better at making motorcycle products than videos so it may take a little bit.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I wish I could find one. I conversed via fb about a local rep. Called and got told he may or may not receive the two he ordered, and if he only gets one it's going on a bike at the dealership. Haven't heard anything back and it was supposed to show up this week. I'm coming real close to settling for one I don't like as much or just redoing the stock one and spending the money elsewhere.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I too have the Loose Cannon on my bike, When I saw that you have a baffle that could be added on, I decided to get it and install in on my Street 750. It was getting to the point that I was having to turn up my Uclear blue tooth helmet speakers all the way up just to hear my music. Now with the baffle, I can hear my music in my helmet without having full volume and still hear that great tone of my loose cannon but not as loud as before. If it weren't for the rain yesterday, I would have been at the Harley Davidson Museum bike night to see the special guest Willy G. Davidson :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
I too have the Loose Cannon on my bike, When I saw that you have a baffle that could be added on, I decided to get it and install in on my Street 750. It was getting to the point that I was having to turn up my Uclear blue tooth helmet speakers all the way up just to hear my music. Now with the baffle, I can hear my music in my helmet without having full volume and still hear that great tone of my loose cannon but not as loud as before. If it weren't for the rain yesterday, I would have been at the Harley Davidson Museum bike night to see the special guest Willy G. Davidson :)
wow, I think I would have dawned my rain suit and went to try to meet the man, that would be one of the highlights of my life I must admit....to me he's like the grandfather to a really big and loyal family.

I have never seen anywhere at any Jap bike or auto dealer, what I see regularly at our local Harley dealer, as I know many Harley dealerships are the same. it is a local hangout for chewing the fat, regular dealer held cook outs, dealer bike nights, a FRIENDLY and PROFESSIONAL staff that acts like they are glad to see you, doesn't matter if you are a local or a brother or sister from far away, the camaraderie is unlike anything I have ever seen. I believe much of this must go back to willie g and how he is towards people.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The last shipment should have covered all backorders so you should be in luck. I can check the status on Friday if you would like.
I don't think it would be considered a backorder since it was only last week when I found out he was a local vendor via firebrand's facebook page. I never heard back from him, so I'm assuming he was not able to get a second.

I just got hit last night and she managed to push me by my factory slip on, so I'll be replacing it with one I can get immediately. I hope I'll be able to find someone with a Firebrand in stock, but we'll see.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I don't think it would be considered a backorder since it was only last week when I found out he was a local vendor via firebrand's facebook page. I never heard back from him, so I'm assuming he was not able to get a second.

I just got hit last night and she managed to push me by my factory slip on, so I'll be replacing it with one I can get immediately. I hope I'll be able to find someone with a Firebrand in stock, but we'll see.

you got hit?...hope you're ok !....shoot, you might could get a whole new bike later, at their insurance companies expense, if you were hurt.

·
Registered
766 Posts
been riding a while with the db killer baffle now installed in my loose cannon, I like the sound much better now! think I can live with it.

now we'll see how long the paint holds up, hopefully better than Harleys stock exhaust paint does.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am following this with interest... this will be my first "performance mod" .. and most likley my only.. I am a all show no go kind of guy... :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
I've had my loose cannon muffler with the db killer baffle on my bike for a while now...love it! the sound and build quality is top notch! ...the price makes this a great value too!

I would like to see firebrand either stamp their logo into the side of the muffler or make a metal name plate that we can screw onto to it, so we can proudly show who makes this great sounding muffler!

I'm gonna find someway to make me a name plate shaped like the Harley shield, with "Firebrand Loose Cannon" in orange letters for my muffler, to go with the orange and black theme I have going on with my street 750. I think that would look cool plus let others to be able to see from a distance, what brand makes the great sound that it has!

this idea would, I think, set them further ahead of the competition.
....are yall listening "Firebrand"?....let us, the customers show others who makes the great sound for these bikes!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Loud pipes save lives

The sound for the Grand Prix is the same as the Loose Cannon. The dimensions of the baffle are exactly the same so you will get the same sound and power. We are working on getting a sound clip up but we are much better at making motorcycle products than videos so it may take a little bit.
I'd love to see Dyno results with either, on a Street 500

We have laws in NZ that prohibit the addition of a more audible muffler, even though I have lobbied for adding due to improved safety. With the Harley 500 being on the low end of the power to weight ratio, no additions that increase the HP, and affect the PTWR are permiteed.

Suggest you also make these available for Dynajet for testing and creating maps....once these bike really pickup , they will get Power Commanders etc....

I curious why the 2 versions are so different in pricing if the sound and performance are similar

1 - 20 of 55 Posts