Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'd love to see Dyno results with either, on a Street 500

We have laws in NZ that prohibit the addition of a more audible muffler, even though I have lobbied for adding due to improved safety. With the Harley 500 being on the low end of the power to weight ratio, no additions that increase the HP, and affect the PTWR are permiteed.

Suggest you also make these available for Dynajet for testing and creating maps....once these bike really pickup , they will get Power Commanders etc....

I curious why the 2 versions are so different in pricing if the sound and performance are similar

seems to me I seen on you tube a dyno run with results of a street but cant remember if it was a 500 or a 750.

and somewhere, maybe earlier in this thread a guy from firebrand mentioned the reasons for the increased cost between the different types of their mufflers was extra material and labor cost.

for my money, the loose cannon serves my bike very well indeed.

keep spreading the word around to your co-riders and others as well, to get the laws updated for safety, it could make a positive difference. find an elected representative that's on your side and push push push....it can happen hopefully, with focused persistent determination.....never give up ! I wish you success!

I know since I put on my louder muffler other drivers are more aware that I'm around ! and with the blimp of the throttle you can let them know to pay better attention.

·
Registered
147 Posts
seems to me I seen on you tube a dyno run with results of a street but cant remember if it was a 500 or a 750.

and somewhere, maybe earlier in this thread a guy from firebrand mentioned the reasons for the increased cost between the different types of their mufflers was extra material and labor cost.

for my money, the loose cannon serves my bike very well indeed.

keep spreading the word around to your co-riders and others as well, to get the laws updated for safety, it could make a positive difference. find an elected representative that's on your side and push push push....it can happen hopefully, with focused persistent determination.....never give up ! I wish you success!

I know since I put on my louder muffler other drivers are more aware that I'm around ! and with the blimp of the throttle you can let them know to pay better attention.
The cool thing is, the lady I am dealing with at the authority is supportive and prepared to push my case. It may only end being an exemption for me , not the bike, but yes I need to spread the word

There are other kiwis on this forum, maybe they can contact me and I can advise them the process I am embarking on in more detail

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
766 Posts
What should i use?
Screaming eagle performance kit basic or stock air filter with Firebrand loose canon????

currently I have the firebrand loose cannon muffler with the db killer baffle, and the stock air cleaner, and have not remapped the fuel mgmt at all.

it runs good and I like the sound and have had no problems.

when I can, I do plan on getting the k&n air filter, and the fp3 (or something similar) to be able to remap my bike on my own.

like others have said, these bikes come running lean from the factory, probably due to the feds and their regulations. that being said, I still want to remap whether I do the air filter upgrade or not.
but I most likely will!

anyway, it will run better and not near as lean...i.e. better performance, even with the stock air cleaner.

lean fuel mixtures, especially running at high speeds and for long periods of time, does run a pretty high possibility of burning either the valves or a hole in the piston. ..neither will be covered by the warranty. it wont void all the warranty, only the things related to those specific issues, according to the GM.

if you pay the dealer to do all of this, then our dealer, at least, told me that even those things will be covered under warranty. is it worth all the extra cost?...probably!,... but not for me.....

·
Registered
766 Posts
not just changing out the muffler....but if you add a free'r flowing air filter then yes you will need to get the fuel managment remapped, other wise it'll run too lean and could burn a hole in the piston or burn valves.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes Ayedee, i already got the loose canon, though my bike will be delivered anyday in the week.....still waiting...bcoz of the 2016 model.....
:)
I am sure you are impatiently waiting for your bike. All the best and congrats in advance. Do share with us the newer aspects of the 2016 model bike. And yes, you will see the dramatic change in your bike with the Loose Cannon and I would really like to see your expression at that time. :D
Happy and safe riding buddy

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am sure you are impatiently waiting for your bike. All the best and congrats in advance. Do share with us the newer aspects of the 2016 model bike. And yes, you will see the dramatic change in your bike with the Loose Cannon and I would really like to see your expression at that time. :D
Happy and safe riding buddy
Sure buddy..... Will definitely share the views.....but my dealer Capital Harley, has further delayed the delivery, i will get my beast on coming thursday.....:crying:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Unfortunately the DB Killer doesn't fit the Grand Prix. One Nice thing I noticed. I can now access the Axle Nut with a socket. Made my life easier when I have to adjust the belt.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I ordered a Grand Prix yesterday. Looking forward to it. I watched a lot of YouTube videos and I liked the sound of the Grand Prix better than the Loose Cannon, maybe it was just a quirk of the video. I hope it's not too loud, it sounded just right in the video. I was close to buying a Speed Merchant, but I didn't like how short it was. I also really liked the look of the grill in the end of the Grand Prix.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts