Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a nearly new Street Rod 750 a while back and still to get it out after winter

Couldn't beat it for the price, actually went into the dealer to buy a triumph

Couple of questions, how do you know if it has the battery charger pigtail, and whats the best replacement exhaust for the newer Street Rod?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome - by battery pigtail you mean a charger adaptor? Should be hanging from the seat on the left or right or perhaps it's just under the seat? My understanding is that they are all fitted with them - picture attached in case you are unsure of what you are looking for. As for the exhaust - just have a look at previous threads etc. and find one you like - nothing has changed on the newer models so any exhaust that has been around for a while will fit it too. I have a Firebrand GP fitted to mine and am happy - mine is not a Rod though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, it was the colour that did it for me, found the pigtail so have ordered the charger.

Just the exhaust to deal with, thought I had read somewhere of a replacement that put the foot peg back in the right place

·
Registered
268 Posts
As I say I do not have the Rod - just the normal XG, I think the exhausts are the same fitment though, I visit a few forums and have not seen an issue with foot peg placement - are you planning to replace the full system or just the rear slip on? If you plan to do the whole exhaust just remember there are some O2 sensors on the stock exhaust that will need to be put back in, if it's just a slip on the foot pegs aren't an issue are they?

There are quite a few exhausts available depending on your budget. They all sound pretty similar from the video's that I have seen it's just that some are louder!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts