Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
:)
Welcome!

You mentioned that she's riding in parking lots to get more comfortable as a newer rider... I did the same thing when I first started riding last year, and then I also rode a little in cemeteries. Might be a little gruesome to some, but I kept my speed low & would leave immediately if there were mourners to stay respectful. Anyway, it gave me road-like practice with turns, intersections, signaling, lanes, etc. without the actual traffic on the road. It helped me gain confidence and go to the next level after completing the MSF basic rider's course.

Hope she enjoys her 750 all summer & beyond.

·
Registered
766 Posts
If you're still on the fence, I found this Revzilla review to be really comprehensive. I don't agree with every "con" they mention, but I think overall it's a fair & accurate assessment of the 750s.

I read his review and it angered me.
sure everyone has the right to their own opinion, however his judgment on many things about this bike is definitely not mine.

who really wants to be able to lock the front brakes at 40 mph?
only a crotch rocket rider that loves to do stoppies!....REALLY?

that is only one of the many foolish complaints he had.
:mad:

·
Registered
309 Posts
@ Rock,

"who really wants to be able to lock the front brakes at 40 mph?"

I agree that those mirrors that come stock are a safety hazard. I find no problems with the transmission and I don't give a $#!t about the exposed wires. I don't know what happens when some of those folks apply the brakes but when I do the bike slows down or stops depending on what I want it to do.

·
Registered
766 Posts
@ Rock,

"who really wants to be able to lock the front brakes at 40 mph?"

I agree that those mirrors that come stock are a safety hazard. I find no problems with the transmission and I don't give a $#!t about the exposed wires. I don't know what happens when some of those folks apply the brakes but when I do the bike slows down or stops depending on what I want it to do.
yep, same here!
when I was 12 years old, I locked the front brake once on a gravel road, taught me to not do that stupid stunt again.

and IF I wanted a slight improvement in the front brakes, then I'd add a braided brake line. but I don't and wont as of now and IF I do later it will be for looks and not to be able to lock the front brakes at 40 mph!

·
Registered
22 Posts
IF I wanted a slight improvement in the front brakes, then I'd add a braided brake line. but I don't and wont as of now and IF I do later it will be for looks and not to be able to lock the front brakes at 40 mph!
Likewise - I've considered the braided brake line, but I don't find that to be a "need" as much as an "I might do this later."

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rode dirt bikes when I was younger and kinda fell out of bikes til last year. Just bought a 2015 500 a few weeks ago. Really enjoying riding it and got a really good deal on it. Didn't really want to sink alot into a bike to start with. Anyways found this forum and here I am.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Rode dirt bikes when I was younger and kinda fell out of bikes til last year. Just bought a 2015 500 a few weeks ago. Really enjoying riding it and got a really good deal on it. Didn't really want to sink alot into a bike to start with. Anyways found this forum and here I am.
welcome, there is alot of good info on these bikes here.
these are fun bikes to ride :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone,
This is my second season riding, if it ever stops snowing here. I bought a 2015 500 last year and love it! Just redid my exhaust today and she roars! Can't wait to get on it again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello my fellow Street owners. I just bought a 2016 Street 500 and it is the very first bike I have ever owned. I always wanted to ride and now that me and my wife only have one child left we decided to get one and this seemed the most practical bike to purchase. And the fact the dealership helped her pick it out and no other company would help. We are loving it so far and it has been a blast. We are from Hereford Texas in the panhandle and hate the winds but love the new ride.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello my fellow Street owners. I just bought a 2016 Street 500 and it is the very first bike I have ever owned. I always wanted to ride and now that me and my wife only have one child left we decided to get one and this seemed the most practical bike to purchase. And the fact the dealership helped her pick it out and no other company would help. We are loving it so far and it has been a blast. We are from Hereford Texas in the panhandle and hate the winds but love the new ride.

Congrats and welcome! To many good miles to you both!!
Ride Safe!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up a 2015 street 750 used. 245 miles! So pretty much new. I come from a dirt bike/ dual sport background so first "street" bike and a Harley makes it even sweeter!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everybody!
Im Patricio from Chile... always been a HD fan and in August/16, finally I bought my first Harley.
I choosed a Street 750 as my first Harley, to make it one step at the time.
I´m really happy and satisfied with my Street750... in fact I ride it on a daily basis.
Well, I hope I can learn a lot from this forum!
Ride safe bros!!

41 - 60 of 90 Posts