Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is Amey and I am from Mumbai, India. I started riding in 2013 with a Yamaha R15v2 and have some 15000kilometres under my hood without any incident so far (P.S: I ride pretty safe).
I have upgraded my bike now that I have picked up a 2017 Street 750 ABS version two weeks ago. I hope I can share my experiences with fellow riders and like-minded people here who enjoy riding as much as I do.
I plan to make an ownership review of the 2017 Street soon enough.
Excited to meet all of you and make new friends here. Have a great day ahead all of you! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brunei Harley Davidson

Hi everyone. I m Julia Sanchez from Brunei Darussalam. I m planning to own the Street 750 2016. There are only 4 on the road and 1 still reserved for me in the show room. This bike will be shared by my husband he is 6ft 2in. Will this bike suit him. I check at you tube lots of comments about the front brakes. This problem really worries me. I m on limited budget. I have seen other Yamaha, Honda similar cc they have ABS front brakes. But I loves HD. Please advice me. Cheers.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Julia I ride a Street 750 2015 and that is the one with the most comments about the front brakes. Grab the 2016 model with better brakes than mine and enjoy the ride. At 6ft 2in your husband may experience some cramp in his hips, but get a demo one and take it for a ride, then you will know if the Street is the one for you and your husband. I don't get to 6ft, so the Street suits me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yesterday, I went to the HD dealer and they let me try the 2015 as they dont havea demo bike for 2016. They allowed me to test ride around the compound and manage ride on 1st gear only, try to 2nd shift but the engine stall as the office compound is too small, tried using the front brake at slow speed is ok and its not a big deal to me, as one of the staff advice he seldom used the front brakes, most of the time is using the rear, the height for 6 footer is not a problem. My husband is quite happy with it. Thanks for you advice Propnut, will update and post again once I have the bike. Cheers from Brunei.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That is rubbish about not using the front brake!!stopping is 90 percent front brake unless you want to slide into whatever is in front of you.I have the 2015 model,the brakes are crap,it will stop you but I upgraded mine because in an emergency braking situation you don't want the factory sponginess.sounds like the dealer will say whatever they have to ,to make the sale

Sent from my VFD 300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 750 and got it painted before it hit the streets. It's a preppy bike with excellent torch. I'm a new and inexperienced rider and learning as I go. This weekend I'll replace my Fairing and relationship cate the front turn signal indicators. There is a YouTube video that shows step-by-step.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I bought a 750 and got it painted before it hit the streets. It's a preppy bike with excellent torch. I'm a new and inexperienced rider and learning as I go. This weekend I'll replace my Fairing and relationship cate the front turn signal indicators. There is a YouTube video that shows step-by-step.
I'm thinking autocorrect has made a bit of a jumble of your post here. I'm sure you meant to say "It's a peppy bike with excellent torque" and that you're going to "relocate" the front turn signal indicators?

In any case -- welcome to the Harley family, and the Street 750 is a great bike for a new rider so long as you respect the torque; an inadvertent twist of the throttle could get somebody in trouble real quick. Other than that, it's very light and easy to handle in all the other ways that make for a good new-rider bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is Magic and I am from Houston, TX. I'm a new and inexperienced rider but ready for the challenge and fun of riding. Just purchased the Street 500 as I heard it was a good beginner bike. Excited to meet all of you and make new friends here.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Been riding 49 years legal on the street. Average 20-60,000 miles a year depending on time . Currently I ride my 2017 RGU most . I also have a 1996 Fb with a side car. The Street 750 was a recent addition. I have a 19 year old granddaughter that has now expressed an interest in riding her self. The 750 Street seemed like a good option.
I have put 200 miles on it just messing around . Teh bike is fun to play with , kind of scary when your normal ride weights over twice as much. Stumbled in here looking for ideas and information on the Street.
So far ordered mirror extensions for it and a set of Viking bags. Thinking about a Solo lower profile seat and maybe some 10 inch bars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife is back on a bike after 30 years, and the street 500 was low enough to get her feet flat on the ground, which was one of her wishes to help build her confidence.
Found a bike with less than 1,000km on it. Previous lady owner couldn't 'get the hang of it', so her loss is our gain. Only had it a week, but she wouldn't let me ride it home from Hamilton, and she loves it (230km).
First Harley in our family, so I might have to retrain my Harley appreciation!
Love the sound of the TAB exhaust. and came with lowering shocks and seat. (Read thinner seat). For comfort, we refitted the std seat, and it is now 670mm off the ground.
Have ordered a crash bar off e-bay USA, and will land it here in NZ for almost half of the genuine Harley item. - Should be here in about a week I hope.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone,
Thought I would say hello. My wife has had her 750 street for just over a year now and loves it. She was stuck between a Kawasaki 650 vulcan and a Yamaha xv 950. The XV felt really heavy and the Kawaski dealer wouldnt let her test ride it or alter the foot pegs and said just bunch forward on your seat to reach the gear lever. So they were both out. We just happened to pass a Harley dealer and popped in. The only two bikes she really fitted were the 48 and the street. Shes an all weather rider so she couldnt justify the price of a 48 to get ruined in the winter. Love the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wissam Khalil - Introduction

Hello,

Wissam Khalil, I'm a new member here.

I am relatively new rider, been riding for a year now, I own the Street 750.
Hope to make the most out of it :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am Nasim, riding since 12 years old. But I have never had a Harley. I just put an order for Street 750 from India. It will be transported to Bangladesh through land border. And for this I have to go through some special arrangements, which I will share later once the mission is completed. My last bike was a Suzuki Savage. That's all for Now. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stay away from these pieces of crap. mine lives in the shop and will be going in to ge repairs after the weekend. Worst motorcycle on the market. had issues since the first day

·
Registered
487 Posts
Is the American version of the H-D Street not made locally in the States? I know that the European and Asian markets are all supplied from the plant in India. Sad to read that you have bought a bad build, as since 2015 I have only had happy times. Yes the fuel pump was an issue and the brakes are not the best, but I still find it to be the Urban Warrior that it was advertised as.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts