Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
558 Posts
Welcome to the forum! We'd love to hear about your bike and any plans you have for it as well as how you decided on one the H-D Street family of bikes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

From Sydney, Australia
In my early forties ... and on a learner's license !

Always dreamed about owning a Harley while growing up ... glad there is an 'affordable' HD bike for me !
Wouldn't be able to afford any of the other Harleys !

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
329 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
558 Posts
In my early forties ... and on a learner's license !

Always dreamed about owning a Harley while growing up ... glad there is an 'affordable' HD bike for me !
Welcome to our little forum! We've got some other Australians around here as well as riders in South Africa and India who manage to keep the forum busy throughout the year.

Much like you I learned to ride a motorcycle late in life, actually in my early 50's. We don't have graduated licenses in the United States like you do in Australia so I could have started on any bike in the dealership. I am certain the Street was the right bike for me, though.

·
Super Moderator
558 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Feel free to start your own thread in this sub forum to tell us all about you, how the course goes, and about your Street 750.

I highly encourage you to get your license and get used to riding it around your neighborhood as soon after the MSF course as is legally possible. I took the course, got my license, and didn't start riding until two years later. That made the first couple of weeks kind of tough.

The Street 750 may seem big compared to the bikes used in MSF courses other than H-D Rider Academy. Most courses use 125cc to 250cc bikes that are lighter and more manageable by anyone with no riding experience. H-D uses the Street 500, which is the same size and weight as your bike.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts