Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Welcome to Harley Davidson Street forums!

53K views 128 replies 64 participants last post by  bronxnz 
#1 ·
Hi everyone and welcome to the new site!

We created Harley Davidson Street forums for the all new HD street models, the 500 and the 750.

Take a moment to introduce yourself and what you ride, if you are a new rider or a long time rider!

Welcome and glad to have you with us!

Stew

#108 · (Edited)
Thanks. I’ll try 👍🏻 Probably keeping it stock, but might change the muffler for this one Vance & Hines Hi-Output Slip-on In Black For 2015-2020 Street & Street Rod Models (47943)

People have talked about the tall boy seat Harley do (as I’m 6ft), but so far the stock one seems fine. Really happy with the bike so far, but who knows what I might change the longer I ride it. Have you changed much on yours or is it pretty much stock? 🤔

#109 ·
Nice, you won't be disappointed with a change of exhaust thats for sure!

Not so much stock anymore, it's a shame Harley don't do a lot of aftermarket parts for the bike as much as a sportster for example.

My current mods include:
Firebrand exhaust
Inverted mirrors
Customaces light fairing
Gloss painted all belt guards and covers
Blacked out top fork
Gunfighter solo seat

I will be adding my own side plate mount and fender delete soon, along with a tank lift, fp3 and air intake hopefully!

I don't think the tallboy seat is what you need, I changed to a solo seat and I'm 6'1 and it's fine!

#110 · (Edited)
Nice mods and customisations. Do you have a photo of your bike? Yes, I’ve noticed there’s not much in the way of aftermarket parts for the Street, but as I’ve got a 12-month Harley Originals Warranty with the bike, I’ll probably keep it pretty much stock for the duration as it seems according to what I’ve read and when talking to the people at Harleyworld, most mods could potentially void the warranty unless done by Harley themselves. Thanks for the recommendation about the seat! 👍🏻

#114 ·
I'm rusty on my German, just in case someone else is, here's the message :

Hello Tam,
Welcome here from Germany / Stuttgart.
You have a beautiful motorcycle, I hope you enjoy it. I have a street 750 with minor modifications. Images should be in my gallery.
Have a good trip anytime ...

#118 ·
Hello from Boston! I got my 2018 Street 500 in June with only 600 miles on it and I'm in love with it! I may be a chick, but I know my way around a toolbox and immediately got a Firebrand Grand Prix slip on exhaust. It was the easiest bad boy to install and I got a great deal on eBay and now my 500 turns heads and sounds amazing! I'll upload a couple of photo's of when I first bought the bike. Unfortunately, I sprained my foot just after getting the bike, so I've been enjoying the beauty of it aesthetically, which isn't ideal and making me sad. My foot's getting better and I'll be out there riding again soon! One question off the top, though. What do y'all suggest for storage? I'm open to any/all ideas. Thanks!

I'm happy to have stumbled on this site and look forward to getting to know my new online Harley "family." :)

#119 ·
Welcome from Houston Texas. Hope your ankle heals soon so you get back out there. There's a lot of different tail bags and tank bags that work pretty well. But I like using a back pack better. They make some that have a pouch that you can undo and secure you helmet when off the bike. I've had this one for a while and it works great.

#120 ·
Welcome to the forum!

My xg750 was my first bike ever, so I wanted saddlebags to protect the rear of the bike in the event of a parking lot drop. I didn't like the look nor price of the genuine H-D bags, so I bought some ultra cheap Stansport bags on eBay. They were made of olive drab canvas and truly ugly. I'd carry two empty gallon jugs in each one. They made good bumpers, but could possibly get into the rear wheel and belt.

The H-D saddle bag supports weren't available separately from the overpriced, ugly bags and I couldn't find any universal fit supports in black. My solution was to purchase the saree guards that you see on Indian bikes. They are metal grills that attach using the rear fender bolts. A quick search around the forums should come up with the part numbers. I ordered mine from surdyke.com.

After a few months Cycle Gear had a closeout deal on some nicer, black nylon bags. These were a pretty typical slant design cruiser bag branded Motocentric. They were a closeout deal at Cycle Gear and seem to have been discontinued.

Those bags took a beating when I went down on fresh gravel last year and I'm thinking of replacing them with Viking hard bags painted to match the bike.

Reactions: Lesblank
#122 ·
Welcome to the forum! We'd love to hear about your bike and any plans you have for it as well as how you decided on one the H-D Street family of bikes.

Reactions: Lesblank
#125 ·
In my early forties ... and on a learner's license !

Always dreamed about owning a Harley while growing up ... glad there is an 'affordable' HD bike for me !
Welcome to our little forum! We've got some other Australians around here as well as riders in South Africa and India who manage to keep the forum busy throughout the year.

Much like you I learned to ride a motorcycle late in life, actually in my early 50's. We don't have graduated licenses in the United States like you do in Australia so I could have started on any bike in the dealership. I am certain the Street was the right bike for me, though.

#128 ·
Welcome to the forum! Feel free to start your own thread in this sub forum to tell us all about you, how the course goes, and about your Street 750.

I highly encourage you to get your license and get used to riding it around your neighborhood as soon after the MSF course as is legally possible. I took the course, got my license, and didn't start riding until two years later. That made the first couple of weeks kind of tough.

The Street 750 may seem big compared to the bikes used in MSF courses other than H-D Rider Academy. Most courses use 125cc to 250cc bikes that are lighter and more manageable by anyone with no riding experience. H-D uses the Street 500, which is the same size and weight as your bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.