Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could pick any color for your bike, what would it be. I would change my black bike to blue. I've always liked blue bikes. So, if money was not object, would you repaint your bike a different color?

·
Registered
575 Posts
My choice would be a bright yellow. Not that i really like yellow, it is just a stand-out colour for me. Why stand-out, because in this country you need a bright colour as the lane changes are mostly done without indicating. Then we have the "taxies", these are mini-vans the size of a VW Caravelle. They have a set of road rules of their own. if a passenger is standing on a blind corner, they stop to pick them up. At a stop light they offload or load on some more despite the light turning green. So a bright colour here will be for your own safety.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My choice would be a bright yellow. Not that i really like yellow, it is just a stand-out colour for me. Why stand-out, because in this country you need a bright colour as the lane changes are mostly done without indicating. Then we have the "taxies", these are mini-vans the size of a VW Caravelle. They have a set of road rules of their own. if a passenger is standing on a blind corner, they stop to pick them up. At a stop light they offload or load on some more despite the light turning green. So a bright colour here will be for your own safety.
Here you do, got the perfect solution. 🤣 😂

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’ve been considering the orange they use on the Livewire. Nothing to crazy. Just the fenders and tank. I’ve watched a few YouTube videos on doing a wrap versus actually painting. I kind of like the idea. Relatively inexpensive and far less time consuming.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve been considering the orange they use on the Livewire. Nothing to crazy. Just the fenders and tank. I’ve watched a few YouTube videos on doing a wrap versus actually painting. I kind of like the idea. Relatively inexpensive and far less time consuming.
Doing a wrap has crossed my mind also. Been thinking doing a carbon fiber wrap on a few pieces for accent. Cool part is it can be undone without damage.

·
Banned
27 Posts
Tobago green, just like my 1995 F-150 was. But since my new (to me) 2019 XG500 is totally black, I've ordered a 3" wide purple racing stripe for the front fender, tank, and behind seat cowling.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would love a flat finish burnt orange color. I still like my flat grey but that color is kind of everywhere, but seeing as it was used not like I had much choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts