Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that my Street 750 is female. I have not settled on what her name is yet. Friends think her name is Rhoda, which means Rose. Need to name her soon.

What is the gender and name of your bike?

Pat

·
Registered
244 Posts
You'll have to make sure you yell, "Stelllllllllaaaaaaaa" at some point.

Do most people think of their bikes as female? Are people nervous about riding a guy around town all day? :p

·
Registered
244 Posts
‘Black Betty’ by Ram Jam, was another name I thought of for the HD Street. Cation: Do not listen to this song when ridding at 55-mph on a Street 750, you may think you're with the Sons of Anarchy. :p
Such a great song for riding though! Makes a great name for the bike too. I could see that name put on the Street with a graphic. It would look really nice if done right. Feel like I can't steal the name now though since I know someone else came up with it first.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I have arrived at a name, Layla, as in the song by Eric Clapton of Derek And The Dominos. The name is derived from the tri-consonantal root: ל-י-ל (Lamedh-Yodh-Lamedh) L-Y-L and means "night"; over time it has been taken to mean "Born at Night," "Dark-haired Beauty" or "Dark Beauty." My bike is Layla, the dark beauty.

It was Eric Clapton's nickname for Pattie Boyd Harrison, after the Leila in the Arab love story "Layla and Majnun". Clapton felt his love for Pattie was hopeless, like Majnun's love for Layla, because she was married to his best friend, George Harrison. He wrote this song for her.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I finally named my machine. I gave it a lot of thought and had to do some investigation to determine her name.
Now stay with me here and explain it to you.

I wanted to name her something that implied speed,quickness,and beauty.
I considered Black Widow(but blackwidows aren't really pretty) but that didn't strike me as a good personable name. Then I thought of the Black Widow in the Iron Man movie. She was one hot, fast, slick,bad-azz babe.
She was as pretty as they come and was simply someone you didn't want to screw with.
Sooooo,.....I looked up her name in the IronMan movies 1 and 2.
IronMan 1 her name was Natalie Rushman and in IronMan 2 her name was Natasha Romanoff.
I settled on Natalie.
My Harley 750 Street (BlackWidow) is named "Natalie" so that leaves Natasha still vacant if anybody wants it.
Natalie is one Hot Babe and so is Scarlet Johanson. :)

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
It seems that my Street 750 is female. I have not settled on what her name is yet. Friends think her name is Rhoda, which means Rose. Need to name her soon.

What is the gender and name of your bike?

Pat
My bike is a male, LaVerne will NOT straddle a female:mad:, it not going to happen. So far I call him my little beast. My son has much bigger Harley than I do. I told him that I was going to call him The Black Beast, he said mom, black it is, a beast it not, I said okkkkkkkkkk, then I will call it my little beast, he said, little it is, a beast it not, lol, forget him what do he know. All I know is a the bike rally everyone stopped and stared at my little beast. So unless another name come to me...My little beast is his name.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did a 200 mile ride on Saturday with some friends. Sophie did just fine. A little cool out; but otherwise a great day. I am a member of a local scooter club named Midsouth Scooter Collective. Most members have both scooters and motorcycle, however I traded my scooter for the Street 500.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts