Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 750 is male also, and I named him Cinna. (yes that one, from the Hunger Games)

I wanted something a bit red (I got the Mysterious Red, of course) and /or something for his pretty purr/growl (thank you firebrand exhaust) so it seemed fitting to have a name close to cinnamon (and sienna) and since he's played by Lenny Kravitz, I think that purr is covered. ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Female. Black Betty. Maybe not too original, but she had to have either a horse or motorcycle reference. She sits next to my other bike (okay, my Yamaha Morphous scooter), The Purple Pony. I guess I like my alliteration.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I call it "Business" .........................That way if anyone comes around looking for me they just tell them, "He's out on Business" :D

Reactions: ycbrewster

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I just refer to mine as the "Altar" for "Our Lord in the sky, Harley Davidson" Guess what movie that is from??

·
Registered
187 Posts
it's odd for me to give meaningful names to things that don't come when called. boot camp was the sole exception, i was forced to name my M16A2, so it got yclept Allison (feminine version of my given name)

my vehicles are usually referred to by their make, e.g., Chevy, Dodge, Honda, Harley, Nissan etc

Reactions: 10-64

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've never been one for naming an inanimate object, like a bike, however if I had to I think I'd be naming it ............."BUSINESS"
That way when someone called looking for me, and I wasn't in, my wife just has to say, "He's out on "BUSINESS"! ;)lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Being a blacked out sexy "denim black" little bike must for me be female. Giving that I enjoy riding her so much she must have a name so...
Maewyn it is, normally a male name but being unique and different she can be called Mae for short so it suits her. Really like that name!
I believe that something has a certain amount of meaning or joy to someone deserves or needs a name but that's just me.

Attachments

·
Banned
84 Posts
What if your bike was born female,.....but it feels more masculine?

It may have been a Patrica to start, but it now wants to be Patrick.

Yes, it's **** being a gender confused Harley, but life soldiers on and pride must be upheld.

Real Harleys are like that.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Not really into naming things. Bike is a bike, The 750 Street is called sidecar because it has a side car. The RGU is called Road Glide for short. My wife and some soldiers named the Fatboy 1SG because when they saw it they knew 1SG was coming.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts