Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have to agree with this. In my family every vehicle has had a designation that we all know and understand, but giving vehicles actual names just struck most of us as silly.
I have been riding for 49 years. I enjoy it , it is a passion. I like bikes big,small old and new. But in the end they are machines not people or live pets. Some will for ever stick in my mind. The 1996 FB we still have is a bike we just had to much fun on ,parting with it would be painful. My grandchildren have named them. Things like big red ect but just never really worked for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have been riding for 49 years. I enjoy it , it is a passion. I like bikes big,small old and new. But in the end they are machines not people or live pets.
Although bike is just a machine I like to give them nicknames as it's hard to say: "Honey, today will commute to work on my Harley Davidson Street 750" ;) Way better is to say: "Today will ride on my Tazzel". The same way my wifes car is Suzi and mine: Misha (Mitsubishi ;)

Yes- it's "he" and there is a story behind: I used to dislike the HD brand due to the image of their typical customer. In my eyes there were always oldish guys in leather jackets with lots of tassels and badges sewed to them (jackets not guys). So when I bought my Street 750 (I was not considering the bike at the beginning) I made a joke that will have to sew some tassels to my jacket too. So the nickname stayed :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not so much named my Street Rod, however she's definitely female.

I know this because I went to move her one day from a cold start without any warm up time, she stalled and refused to restart until on about the 7th press of the starter button when I said 'Come on you effin bitch', she started up straight away. >:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Still not sure of gender but I'm thinking my bike is male and his name is The Raven

·
Registered
9 Posts
It seems that my Street 750 is female. I have not settled on what her name is yet. Friends think her name is Rhoda, which means Rose. Need to name her soon.

What is the gender and name of your bike?

Pat
Mine is definitely female and her name is a Evelyn. It’s the name she told me when I was riding her home from the dealer.
The spousal unit says I have better relationship with Evelyn than her.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I named mine Daddy's Lil Monster after Harley Quinn becouse after you pin the throttle and the nitrous kicks in she gets really nasty to deal with.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts