Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Will the Harley Street 500 or 750 be your first Harley?

14K views 37 replies 24 participants last post by  kashi17 
#1 ·
Harley fans are usually die-hards, but there hasn't been a lightweight Harley in a long time. I think this will bring in a lot of new customers. So I'm just wondering if you guys are already Harley fans and owners, or if the Harley Davidson Street 500 or 750 will be your first purchase of a Harley?

It would be the first for me. Always liked Harleys, but never wanted the chopper style or touring bikes. These smaller ones are more my style.

#2 ·
I've owned Sportsters, Pans, and Evo's over the years. Currently a Dyna. All good bikes. I'm more interested in where Harley goes with these new tech bikes and what individuals and builders do with them than I am in owning one at the moment. But down the road.....who knows. I love anything on two wheels, especially new things.

#15 ·
If I bought one, which I may, after looking at one and test riding it, it would be my third HD.

I would buy it for zipping around town mostly. And also, the wife could ride, as my Heritage Softail Classic, is a handful for her.

My all time favorite Sporty is the XLCR, which this bike closely emulates.
I would build it as close as possible in appearance.

#27 ·
Yes. I've always liked Harley as a company and respect their manufacturing, heritage, and passion for the industry and their passion in serving customers, even though I'm not a big fan of a lot of their current owners (the ones who think of themselves as exclusive citizens above the rest of us); their attitudes, group ethics, image they project on themselves, etc. I've met alot of HD owners who bought an HD product for the same reason I like them, because they like to ride and like the products they produce. I can relate to those folks, but not the ones that put too much in to being someone who rides motorcycles. That's the part I don't get.

But, as a new rider, even though I like the company and respect what they do, I never thought they'd come out with a product that I'd consider. I won't be getting a new bike for a while now, but if I could buy one this Spring, a Street 750 would be my first Harley.

#28 ·
I'm not a big fan of a lot of their current owners (the ones who think of themselves as exclusive citizens above the rest of us); their attitudes, group ethics, image they project on themselves, etc. I've met alot of HD owners who bought an HD product for the same reason I like them, because they like to ride and like the products they produce. I can relate to those folks, but not the ones that put too much in to being someone who rides motorcycles. That's the part I don't get.

But, as a new rider, even though I like the company and respect what they do, I never thought they'd come out with a product that I'd consider. I won't be getting a new bike for a while now, but if I could buy one this Spring, a Street 750 would be my first Harley.
People are people. I find this attitude in all the motorcycle brands not just in a Harley riders, as I ride and own most all brands of motorcycles. Goldwingers being the worst, (I've owned two) BMW riders (I've owned five and still own two) comes in a close second. I'm a member of Harley Owners Group (HOG) and I have to say they are the nicest bunch/group of motorcyclist I have found so far.

There are three chapters of HOG within twenty miles from me and at times I ride with all of them. If I show up on my Moto Guzzi, BMW, or whatever for the ride/ meeting I'm still welcome no worries! No attitudes!

#32 ·
My first two motorcycles were iron barreled Sportsters back when that was what Harley built, and more recently a pair of 2007 Street Rods. In between and subsequent to the Street Rods have been a steady stream of BMW airhead twins and K bikes. I detest the traditional Harleys, all the more so when I know any of my old Beemers is a better bike than any traditional Harley in every possible way. I guess a Street, if I do buy one, will be Harley number 5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.