Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this morning and had to blow a foot of snow out of the driveway.:confused:
My Sporty is in my garage all ready to go... collecting dust. :(

Where is all the global warming? This has been the longest, coldest winter in many years... and it ain't over yet. :eek:

·
Registered
633 Posts
ouch...

this year is definately a tough one for everyone it seems regardless of where you are

winter is longgggg

need to move the a sunny place.

·
Registered
548 Posts
old man winter just needs a good hidey ho to clear his head and cheer his spirits, problem is he's run out of performing enhancing drugs...

·
Registered
128 Posts
FINALLY turning nice here in Indiana. Got up to around 60 last Sunday, was in the mid 60's yesterday, and is going to get into the low 60's today. Heck it was in the upper 50's this morning at 6:30. Guess what the Jeep is doing, and what the bike is doing...

·
Registered
548 Posts
To be honest I will admit I kind of enjoy the silence of winter, go outside at night and it just sounds like a vacuum, pure silence so deafening :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FINALLY turning nice here in Indiana. Got up to around 60 last Sunday, was in the mid 60's yesterday, and is going to get into the low 60's today. Heck it was in the upper 50's this morning at 6:30. Guess what the Jeep is doing, and what the bike is doing...
I spent last night in London, Ohio. It was 55* at 6:00AM this morning. The temp dropped as I headed west, but it was still 53* this afternoon in Missouri. Regular heat wave for me after the subzero weather we had in NY this winter. It is funny, I am sporting a t-shirt and most of the locals are in jackets.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To be honest I will admit I kind of enjoy the silence of winter, go outside at night and it just sounds like a vacuum, pure silence so deafening :D
Yeah, well, move up here and you can have your wish for 3-5 months each year. This year= 5 months.

I could live with snow and "silence" for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Other than that I want 80* every day. And it only rains at night, no rain during the day. Please advise where I can find this climate.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
544 Posts
It snowed a bit on the Sierra Nevada last night, but no snow down here in the desert. Just cold. Maybe a bit of what's called "wrap around moisture" today as the front spins past and pulls some wetness up from the Pacific and whirls it around counterclockwise and back up to our desert. NWS just published a hazardous weather watch calling for high winds, thunderstorms and hail through the afternoon. Fun! Maybe we'll have another microburst knock the power lines down and send us all home early as we had last fall. Well, one can hope. I park the bike under some big solar panels so it can rain all it wants and the bike stays mostly dry. If I get wet riding home I don't really care. Cars-r-coffins.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yeah, well, move up here and you can have your wish for 3-5 months each year. This year= 5 months.

I could live with snow and "silence" for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Other than that I want 80* every day. And it only rains at night, no rain during the day. Please advise where I can find this climate.:rolleyes:
x2

find me this place

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

especially with the winter vortex, that for me was too much, i think some parts of the U.S. were colder than Mars!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, it looks like spring has finally sprung. Got the Sporty fired up and went for a ride yesterday. Supposed to be nice for the next three days in the 60s and 70s.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, it looks like spring has finally sprung. Got the Sporty fired up and went for a ride yesterday. Supposed to be nice for the next three days in the 60s and 70s.
Same here weather wise, although I've been out on the bike a few times already. Supposed to get up to 75* tomorrow and Sunday. I WILL be out tomorrow, chance of rain moving in on Sunday, bummer...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rode it again this evening, feels so good to be on two wheels again. Put some fresh gas in it... at $4.30 a gallon... ouch! Good thing it gets 50 mpg.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It made it up to 79* here today. I headed out at 10:30 this morning and didn't get back home until 4:30 this afternoon. Put 180 miles on the bike today.

I'm known for my signature gas station pics on the Rebel Forum...:D Here's one I took today. Man it was nice out! Might have to get out again tomorrow before the rain sets in Sunday night.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Rode it again this evening, feels so good to be on two wheels again. Put some fresh gas in it... at $4.30 a gallon... ouch! Good thing it gets 50 mpg.

$4.30 a gallon, dang !! Where do you live Stude? Gas in Arizona is around $3.41 a gallon right now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts