Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum...-recent-years-picture3098-new-windscreen.htmlThis weekend I put a National Cycle deflector screen N2595-01. It took about a hour to fit with no difficulty.
After taking the bike out for a ride I am very happy with the improvement. Leaving the cowl on, I like the look, its clean and an enhancement to the looks of the bike.
I also fitted hot grips from Extreme. I had to whittle down the throttle tube to make it the right size for the right hand grip, not a big problem with a good sharp knife. Apart from the warm hands, the new grips have removed the vibration problem I also was getting at highway speeds.
Next mod will either be a luggage rack and bags or a Firebrand Loose Cannon slip on........when the wallet refills;)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Thanks for posting. I'll be needing to get one soon myself.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750 - Subike's Album: The Journey in recent years - PictureThis weekend I put a National Cycle deflector screen N2595-01. It took about a hour to fit with no difficulty.
After taking the bike out for a ride I am very happy with the improvement. Leaving the cowl on, I like the look, its clean and an enhancement to the looks of the bike.
Is the windscreen down behind the cowl? I'm looking for a screen as well, but want to leave the cowl on for the 'cafe racer' look.

Any pics from the back, riders view, or close ups would be great!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Is the windscreen down behind the cowl? I'm looking for a screen as well, but want to leave the cowl on for the 'cafe racer' look.

Any pics from the back, riders view, or close ups would be great!

Yes the windscreen is down behind the cowl by about1/2 inch.
It follows the line of the cowl across the top very well . I will see if I can get good pics showing how it fits, including the mountings.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
New pics of windscreen fitting as requested by Tuscanmax1. the dark grey line behind the clock, and just below the top edge of the cowl is the bottom edge of the screen which has a rubber strip on it.

If from this view you are thinking that the screen seems lopsided to the right, it is! There is a 4 mm bend in the bars, from new, which are being replaced under warrentee at the same time the pump is replaced and first service done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts