Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched high and low for an aftermarket windscreen or fairing that is taller than stock......the cowl on the bike is useless on my 6'3" frame......anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
490 Posts
The cowl is only for looks. I have removed them off both my bikes I have the HD clip on wind screen. I've looked at after market ones but didn't like the way they fit on the handlebars. The HD windscreen for the Street XG's is solid and doesn't vibrate at any speed. I moved my blinkers down so that I could get the highest setup on the forks. I'm only 5'7".

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also have the HD Quick-Release windshield, it came with my bike when I purchased it and worked great for the few weeks that I used it. I'm 6'0" even and it deflected wind to about the midpoint of my helmet (The windshield is 25 inches I think), it was great for the highway. I've been trying to get rid of it though if you're interested

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sure go to Laminarlip.com web site, select Harley-Davison then select Street 500/750. From there you have a choice of either the clear or smoke version of the windscreen. I chose the smoke version model number SS965S. I does not require any hardware kit. It comes with the adhesive tabs to attach it to the bike and they hold like iron. You can easily remove it by simply pulling it off. I have been up to 90 mph it doesn’t budge.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for your report Pittsburghpilot!

Could you tell me more about the adhesive tabs? Are they velcro? Double stick 3m? Did you eyeball it to get it centered or did you have a template or measure it somehow?

I hope I am not bothering you will all the little questions.
It looks great on your bike.
Have you removed it and put it back on with the same adhesive tabs?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
51 Posts
No worries about the questions. It is shipped with four 3m Velcro tabs that are just peel and stick. Yes I just eyeballed the position, no template is provided or really required. Once the Velcro tabs are placed it is possible to remove and replace the shield as many times as you wish. If you want to remove the shield and tabs completely you will need to peel the tabs off with some “goo gone” or similar product and it will be back to stock condition.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts