Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wish there was one of these to fit a Street 750. I would set it up!
Hi @Guaire , you do not need the Y-splitter when you can buy the handlebar-mounted auxiliary power port 69200970 -Black- or 69200971 - Chrome-. The cable plugs into the diagnostic plug in the rear lower wiring loom.

Font Map Circle Auto part Parallel

Product Material property Automotive wheel system Rim Auto part

That's assuming you do not already have something plugged in there, do you?
Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would probably check whether the aux power socket can cope with the current draw for the heated grips. A phone or GPS will draw a minimal amount of current. For example, I plugged a small car air compressor into a fused aux socket (part of my trickle charger set up), and the fuse popped when the compressor tried to add air into the Street 500 front tyre 42psi. Any HD dealer could tell you the tolerance, as this is not a cigarette lighter socket (which is a different part). They may recommend what you have already set up for hand warmer grips. Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
21 Posts
[SNIP]
If there's one thing I might go up on is the 5" headlight. On the day I had my seat done, it was early riding in. It was still night at 5 AM. The stock headlight is not impressive.
The first modification I made to my Street was to replace the standard headlight reflector with the HD Daymaker LED reflector (not the projector type) P/N 67700355. I would not go back to incandescent headlights if I could. I have even upgraded my car-cage to H4 LEDs, which is not even registered!
Nb. Here in Australia, you need to pay a fee to register a vehicle before using it on public roads.
Edit: Double checked part number the HD-67700173 originally quoted is a 7".

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is this it? I assume the 5 3/4" can't be upgraded to a 7"??
@Guaire you are correct the part number was not size correct but was the type of headlight I bought, the one with the bar and shield. I have updated the original post to reflect the size correct number ( for the 5 3/4" Daymaker there are two P/Nos 67700356A -Black and 67700356 - Chrome) I was originally going to post pictures to demonstrate the two types instead, but I was using a mobile phone and that is too hard. ✌ Cheers, Steve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.