Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Street 750 . I went to start it , the speedo lights all light up and go thru the sequence, headlight is on, it cranks but doesn't start.... the engine icon on the speedo is lit up. Any Ideas where to start looking ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
There seems to be a throttle position sensor that causes me trouble once in a while. Basically I have to make sure my hand is entirely off of the throttle when I hit the starter button. Even then sometimes I have to manually rock the throttle to fully off and then let go again before it will start. Is a bit odd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was having the same problem on my 2017 XG750. The on/off switch must be all the way to the left. It seems that I thought it was all the way on but it was not. Now I deliberately slide it to the left and it has not failed once. This oversight most often happened when I was starting with gloves on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello Everybody - Today My 2016 Street 750 suddenly would not start. I am located far away from my Harley dealer. I thought there was a problem with the engine start switch since the lights and dial display would all come on. However the whine of the fuel pump was not heard. I finally called in my old Royal Enfield Bullet mechanic who came in and diagnosed the problem with the relay. I changed all four relays since I could not figure out which was the trouble some one. After that the bike started without a hitch and so far touch wood everything looks okay.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This one got my dad as well who has ridden for over 50 years. He bought a brand new 17 Road Glide the same day i got my 750. A week later, ii get a call from him hes dead in the water at the gas station that sells Ethanol Free. I ride over hop on, flip the kill switch and it fires right up. Dad looked a bit buffaloed asked what it was.. He had actually used the kill switch for the first time, or bumped it getting off the bike. hes never used the kill switch, always just used the key to kill it...LOL Sad that hes trading the bik on an older Electra Glide. Guess with that 19" front hoop, its the most ill handling bike on the freeway with the bars vibrating to ****..Even the HD tech said it was bad, and had 3 bikes in currently with the same issue..

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had a similar issue issue, I have to push on my start button with my glove off and apply direct pressure to the start button before it will crank and then start. As I am seeing more people reporting this issue, I'm taking her in to the dealer before my warranty runs out in January 2019.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts