Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I need some good gloves suggestions that i easily able to grab stuff and be able to feel.. Also, it should be windproof, rainproof and good down to zero degrees. Don't care about bulk really and have other sets of gloves for other weathers.

Any recommendations?

I am thinking to buy from the ski bum promo codes because it's user reviews are good.

what is everyone using ??

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you ride in Cold as I do heated gloves. My HD ones with heavy use just retired after 10 years. Well worth the cost. Motorcycle gloves are designed for riding they have flex and stretch points for riding conditions.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you are in really extreme conditions you will likely need more than gloves to protect your hands. I no longer need to ride on a daily basis but when I did I fitted a set of hand guards to my bike - even in the wettest and coldest conditions I could still feel my fingers as, as well as protecting from the wind they kept a **** of a lot of the wet and cold out. Easily removable too for when it warms up ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I picked up the Rocket Burner heated gloves. I really dig them. No wires, rechargeable. L M H settings. They work with my touch screen. Lets me ride in the 30’s. Work about 2-4 hrs depending on the setting.

Pricey but does what I wanted.

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
325 Posts
My new battery powered gloves.

First ride impression, WOW!! Started off this morning with them set on hi, remember, it was 30 degrees this morning. That lasted about a mile, they were too hot, kept turning down and actually low was just right. One thing about the fit, they run small. I used the suggested sizing chart and bought a large. I wear either a small or medium in everything I own, so for a large to fit, they are small. They have goat leather palms which feel nice. There are touches of plether and textile on rest of glove. The cuff is large enough to fit over jacket sleeve and has draw string to seal wind out. The heating is on back of hand, all the way down every finger and thumb. When you turn them on the heat actually starts in seconds, has four heat settings. Heating is definitely impressive. They use slightly different heating process than most gloves, it's the same technology used in car seats.

Battery life is yet to determined. But today, turned on at 4am. High for about 5 minutes, middle two temps for about 5 minutes each and rest of 30 minute ride on low. I wanted to test the battery some and left them turned on low after I took them off. I checked them every hour and they stayed at a constant temp till I turned them off at 10am. That's six hours, pretty good to me. I put them on the charger when I got home a little after 4pm, just looked, it's now 7:30pm and they are totally charged, so about 3 hours. Here's the battery run time and recharge info.

The gloves do have a natural curve built in to grip handle bar. Sometimes on new gloves there's a seam or two on the fingers that will rub my hand when gripping bars, these had none. These are not top grade construction like my winter Tour master gloves, but pretty nice overall. Now for something that bugged me a little. The on/off switch is bright. When I was riding this morning, in the dark, I would catch the light out of the corner of my eye. I'm sure after a few rides I'll get used to it.

There's a florescent seam on back of hand, nice touch. Used flash so they would show.

Gloves come with a two into one cable you plug into a "phone charger" or any other usb that has charging capacity. I too had looked hard at wired set of gloves. I went with the battery ones for convenience getting on and off bike. Yes, still have to charge mine, but no big deal to me. Was a little worried about battery use time, but if I can get 6 hours on low like I've experienced, I'll be happy.

The batteries are in a soft pliable pouch. When the batteries are in glove wrist pouch they bend to your wrist curve. I was concerned about weigh of batteries making the gloves heavy. But this is not a issue, you actually don't feel the batteries. The are Pair of 7.4V 2400MAH rechargeable lithium polymer batteries.

Battery bent like they would when wearing.

Battery straighten out.

Bottom line after use in 30 degree weather. I would buy them again, for only $55, in a heartbeat. I was concerned about the low price and only time will tell if they hold up. I'm not rough on gear, but do use all my gear a lot and can normally find defects pretty quick. I'll update review after a few more uses.

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
325 Posts
Wanted to give a quick update after a month using these gloves. They are my favorite winter gloves to date. I've used them at least 20 times by now on my commute. Temperature down to 29 degrees. My hands stay warm with setting them on the next to lowest setting when temps are in the 30s and on low when warmer. I've ridden in rain a few times and hands have stayed dry. I do have a fairing so not much direct rain hits my hands. Batteries hold change for my hour commute in and back home. One day I left them on low by mistake and 8 hours later gloves were still warm. Not sure if that 8 hours would be all that warm on bike, but they were still giving off some heat. There's no loose threads or issue with wear. With that said, as much as I use my gear, long-term wear is unknown. One thing for sure, I would buy again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts