Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lurker joining from Ankara,

I'm a fairly experienced rider, bought my first HD last year at 2500 km, a '18 olive gold XG750A and willing to ride it for a long time.

Beginning of this season did a maintenence myself; new battery, iridium plugs, oil filter and full synthetic oil (made switching to neutral easier). You guys are awesome found very useful info from your tech questions & topics. I'm happy with the bike so far, it is stock at the moment. I don't like to do all the customizing jobs right away, I kinda would like to do it by time as personal theraphy. Will be replacing stock headlight to led cause I think new generation halo ring models will look pretty sick on the Street. Since having some problems with a bad battery when I bought, I made a waterproof voltage meter to check the level whenever I want especially in the winter time.

BTW one thing I spotted 3 weeks ago; The HD website warned me about brake calipers, I think it was a kind of corrosion problem from the production. Got in touch with the dealer for the recall, they told they let me know when the parts arrived for the replacement.

Have a good one, cheers.

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
447 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Nice looking bike.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
704 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There was a recall for model years 2016-2019 due to a corrosion problem in the brake calipers.

Reactions: kaana

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers, installed the led headlight yesterday. Took harder than I thought because there are lots of space around the aftermarket headlight, and made aligning to center properly close to impossible. This is the solutioun I found, it is a simpe wooden part used by carpenterts, diameter was like 14mm. Sticked around the headlight as many needed when putting spring clips back and slided. No more wiggles. Cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys,

Having issues with the alarm recently, it is bleeped (first short warning whistle if you shake the bike when the alarm armed) randomly 5-6 times last night at 2 am, and 30 mins ago went full bleeping mode in the morning.

Searched all the forum but couldn't find at all, does anyone had this issue ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts