Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. Picked up a left over '17 SR this past Friday. I think I dig it more than the XR1200 it shares room with in the garage. My '06 VRSCR Street Rod isn't quite as flickable but the motors sound similar. :laugh:

The new SR......

The '06 VRSCR Street Rod......

The '10 XR1200......

The lone Big Twin '14 FXDL......

·
Registered
504 Posts
Looks like a nice stable you have there, Scooter!

·
Banned
84 Posts
Isn't the XG750R a race bike that has provisions for a license plate?

I heard that it is even more powerful than some Japanese crotch rockets.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Isn't the XG750R a race bike that has provisions for a license plate?

I heard that it is even more powerful than some Japanese crotch rockets.
Are you talking about the XG750A Street Rod? its only like 10 percent more powerful than the regular street 750

·
Banned
84 Posts
Are you talking about the XG750A Street Rod? its only like 10 percent more powerful than the regular street 750
Yes, I have the regular 750 Street and I find it to be far more powerful than any motorcycle truely needs to be.
And having an extra 10% more power would make a dangerous weapon in the hands of all but expert racers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, I have the regular 750 Street and I find it to be far more powerful than any motorcycle truely needs to be.
And having an extra 10% more power would make a dangerous weapon in the hands of all but expert racers.
I think you are being a tad bit dramatic. compared to some metric bikes out there its not all that fast.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You said VRSCR Street Rod.. did you mean Vrod? I almost traded my Cadillac CTS for a 2012 but the other half of my budget wasn't onboard.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Those bikes make me think of Earl Campbell. A big fullback that'll cross the field just to run you over on his way to the end zone.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait.......what??????

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ordered up a custom built pair of Hagon 2810 adjustable damping rear shock.....all black. They are being built with a 15" eye to eye and the conventional way installing a divider in the reservoir. They normally have the adjuster/chrome rod in the down/upside down position. Truly a custom build. All for $225! I'll be gaining some lean angle and quickening the steering. I did the same thing to my XR1200 with Works shocks but that are out of business.

I also have a set of Dunlop Sportmax Q3+'s going on. Can't wait till spring!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi all. Picked up a left over '17 SR this past Friday. I think I dig it more than the XR1200 it shares room with in the garage. My '06 VRSCR Street Rod isn't quite as flickable but the motors sound similar. :laugh:
Another Street Rod owner claimed his Street Rod could keep up with XR1200 (he owned both) in the tight twisty stuff in the mountains.

What are your thoughts on that statement? Seems hard to believe to me...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts